q9450 Overheating isuue

and also,
if you have a 780i you know what im talking about
when the pc starts up, the screen asks for F1 to be pressed or delete to go into setup
is there any way to skip this screen so that it starts up like other Hps or Dells?
I'm not to up on your bios but I would suggest that you see this screen because your pc shuts down due to an overheated cpu and it wants you to change settings to stop the problem, in Asus boards the F1 screen is usually due to failed overclocking.

Edit: in the BIOS system monitor, i got temps:

CPU 57 at startup, 73 after 2 min and 77 after 5 min
MCP 44 at startup, 56 after 2min and 60 after 5 min

Is that ok??
No

today i was able to finish 3dmark06
before, the computer would shut down during the 2nd cpu test
i set the cpu fan speed to 100% and now it got to 89 C during intense benchmarking
as im typing this, the cpu is at 50C
Your cooler is not correctly installed, your thermal compound is probably shot and needs replacing.

What are you using to read these temperatures? Use this and post back with the temps - Real Temp 2.70

Your cpu core temperature should not exceed 71.4°C, read here - CPU specs at Intel

Stop stressing the cpu until you get your thermal compound replaced and your cooler mounted correctly or you risk doing permanent damage to it.

:(

Like I said, I'm not to sure of your bios, I've never seen it and you give very little information about the exact wording involved, can you post a picture of the F1 screen?

got some pics during startup
IMG_1479.JPG

detail
IMG_1480.JPG

Turned PSU off then back on again
IMG_1483.JPG

detail
IMG_1484.JPG

Hope this can help

lmao, same thoughts here, should be a warning 56k = no
or the op could have at least resized them.

I was right in my thoughts about the F1 screen though, it is only displaying because of the errors. Once those are fixed up it should stop displaying.

@OP, why aren't your HDD/Optical drive on SATA ports 1 & 2? Aren't 5 & 6 the RAID array ports?

I would connect the drives to SATA 1 & 2, it's up to you if you want to, I would.

Good to see you have your heat issue sorted, you can now join the 'I beat the stock Intel cooler mounts and lived' club. :D

They're the most ludicrous mounting system I've ever encountered.

I presume the F1 screen has ceased to appear as well?

not really
i tried plugging in the sata 1 and 2, but it crashed after loading windows, dont know why...
put it back on 4 and 5 (the ones i was using before) and it is fine now.

Back
Top Bottom