Q6600 OCed @ 2.8Ghz, CPU Temps around 60*C

damn it missed all the action again.
well at least true folder helped you .
and you seem happy with your oc.

@Atrue folder. i went back to school yesterday. grade 9 and doing eletronics in et that going to be a big of fun making circutes and everything .
i think its going to be a good year. hopfully i can get into IT computer programing next term ive been wating for a year to do that . i carnt wait

Definitely am happy, cryman. Thanks to you and Folder, my machine is even better than before.

I've been running the small FFT test since my last post and max temperatures are staying around 48-51* at their HOTTEST points. I might go for a 3Ghz clock later this week. :)

I think i'm gonna go knock out now. School tomorrow.

Gnite mates.

Just an update:

Left Prime95 running all night. When I woke up, I took this screenshot of Coretemp.

Untitled11.jpg

Note that the test is STILL running. Amazing temperatures if you ask me. :)

yer there really good temps.

are you going to going to try 3 ghz or buy a aftermarket HSF

good to see mate, lowering the voltage has made an appreciable difference for sure.

It totally did. Thanks for that.

yer there really good temps.

are you going to going to try 3 ghz or buy a aftermarket HSF

Seeing that the temperatures are fine right now, I will probably try to OC @ 3Ghz and see how the system responds. If the temps are high enough to worry me, I will go back to 2.8Ghz and stay there for the time being. A new HSF might be something to consider in the next few months, but not for now.

yer ok, sounds good .
you might start at 2.8 .
who knows you might get addicted to overclocking and end up at 4ghz with watercooling in the next couple of months

Back
Top Bottom