Q6600 Oc

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
I'm trying to OC my wife's q6600 on a Gigabyte S Series intel p35 Mobo. I've tried a few oc's and it does not want to take it. I've tried setting the multiplier from 9 to 8, and set the fsb to 400. I then set the ram back to 800mhz, save it. when the computer boots up the computer resets itself and resets bios. I've oc'd a few q6600's and have not ran into this problem. Any suggestions? I do not want to touch the vcore. Also I have a Zalman9700 and using 4gb DDR2 800MHz of memory. (I do understand every processor will not oc the same)

Not sure, I'll have to check once I gete home. I'ltl try that. Is it hard to update bios? I've never updated a bios before

Not sure, I'll have to check once I gete home. I'ltl try that. Is it hard to update bios? I've never updated a bios before

No not really, they're are detailed instructions and if you follow them precisely it should be easy. However, make absolutely sure that you have the right bios update. If not, you can run into big problems.

Why don't you leave the multiplier at 9, don't touch the ram, and do the following:

FSB Voltage = Increase it
FSB = 333 (x 9 , giving you 3 Gigs)

That should be a good start to see how it reacts.

Sorry, I think its CPU voltage.

I don't know what yours will be, but I was somewhere less than 1.2v for my 2.8Ghz OC. I don't recall what it is now.

Try something like 1.23-1.25 for an initial 3Ghz clock. If it is fine and responds well, lower it by small increments until it becomes unstable or doesn't boot. Then you'll know the limit.

Also check temps with Core Temp.

What is your cpu's vid??

I presume you currently have the vcore running on an "AUTO" type of setting, yes?

What is your vcore reading both at idle and load ?

Also VDIMM voltage? or is this on an "AUTO" type setting?

What brand and model is the RAM? CAS latency/Timings?

Back
Top Bottom