q6600 low temperature?

chrisdafrizz

In Runtime
My processor is running very very cool
is this a bad thing? it warms up hotter then this but nothing past normal around 22-28C?
cortemp.jpg

No, it is nearly impossible to have a CPU run too cool. Those temps are VERY good for that processor.

You wouldn't be interested in overclocking that, are you? Because those temperatures as the are now show that your CPU has great overclocking potential, at least thermal wise.

Its impossible to get those kind of temperatures without something like phase change, or extremely good liquid cooling. theres probably something wrong with speedfan. I read somewhere something about temperatures for the Q6600's being off and you needed to fix the program for it to read correctly...

edit: I think it had something to do with TJunction, anyone else know about this? I'm trying to find where I read it.

Speedfan will see the temperature of the main processor chip which is around that for me too, or even slightly lower.

Its when you see the actual core temps. Those are what you have to watch out for. You'll find they are a bit hotter than that.

Get CoreTemp, which will tell you all 4 core temperatures, as well as the ambient chip temp.

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

It gave me some problems before with a crap mb ecs :x
Once i got this new mb its been a beauty!
No temp problems, except for thinking it ran colder lol
Opens and loads everything very quickly,
Crysis loads in just a few seconds when at loading screens.
Multi tasks great.

I was thinking about the OC but i dont really need to it runs great

Back
Top Bottom