Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-19-2008, 01:40 PM   #11
In Runtime
 
jashan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 374
Default Re: Putting together a Video Editing PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by _-..zKiLLA..-_ View Post
thats a real nice drive. and the ultra is really big. do u know what case u have??
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...8&sku=ULT31824
__________________

jashan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:44 PM   #12
Fully Optimized
 
_-..zKiLLA..-_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,952
Send a message via AIM to _-..zKiLLA..-_
Default Re: Putting together a Video Editing PC

im sure if u take that CPU duct off you'll be fine
__________________

__________________
My beast lappy: Acer netbook, 1.6ghz atom dual core, 2gb ddr3
My PSN: Kalikid_420
_-..zKiLLA..-_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:48 PM   #13
In Runtime
 
jashan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 374
Default Re: Putting together a Video Editing PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by _-..zKiLLA..-_ View Post
im sure if u take that CPU duct off you'll be fine
Will it be safer to just get this cooling instead? http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...&sku=T925-2034

Its .8 pounds while the ultra one is 5.5 pounds
jashan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:50 PM   #14
Fully Optimized
 
_-..zKiLLA..-_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,952
Send a message via AIM to _-..zKiLLA..-_
Default Re: Putting together a Video Editing PC

yeah that would be fine. and then u can use the air duct
and since that heatsink fan is more low profile u could probably even put a case fan on that duct. and u'll be gettin some great temps
__________________
My beast lappy: Acer netbook, 1.6ghz atom dual core, 2gb ddr3
My PSN: Kalikid_420
_-..zKiLLA..-_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:54 PM   #15
In Runtime
 
jashan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 374
Default Re: Putting together a Video Editing PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by _-..zKiLLA..-_ View Post
yeah that would be fine. and then u can use the air duct
and since that heatsink fan is more low profile u could probably even put a case fan on that duct. and u'll be gettin some great temps
Something like this? http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...0565&CatId=494
Also, do you know if Future Shop or Best Buy assembles computers?
jashan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:59 PM   #16
Fully Optimized
 
_-..zKiLLA..-_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,952
Send a message via AIM to _-..zKiLLA..-_
Default Re: Putting together a Video Editing PC

nah something like this...
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...8043&CatId=801
and what u would do is unscrew that side air duct. here
and put the case fan in between the air duct and hole. blowing IN. so ur CPU gets all the air it needs

it looks like a 80mm. but what i would do is . get everything. then get the fan later once u KNOW its a 80mm

and about assebling the comp.
heres an easy tut.
its not as hard as u think


all u have to remember is touch the case and make sure ur on tile or laminate with either shoes or bare foot. We dont want any static
__________________
My beast lappy: Acer netbook, 1.6ghz atom dual core, 2gb ddr3
My PSN: Kalikid_420
_-..zKiLLA..-_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #17
In Runtime
 
jashan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 374
Default Re: Putting together a Video Editing PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by _-..zKiLLA..-_ View Post
nah something like this...
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...8043&CatId=801
and what u would do is unscrew that side air duct. here
and put the case fan in between the air duct and hole. blowing IN. so ur CPU gets all the air it needs

it looks like a 80mm. but what i would do is . get everything. then get the fan later once u KNOW its a 80mm

and about assebling the comp.
heres an easy tut.
its not as hard as u think


all u have to remember is touch the case and make sure ur on tile or laminate with either shoes or bare foot. We dont want any static
How would i know if its a 80 mm?

Sorry about asking SOO many questions.
jashan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:05 PM   #18
Fully Optimized
 
_-..zKiLLA..-_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,952
Send a message via AIM to _-..zKiLLA..-_
Default Re: Putting together a Video Editing PC

nah thats koo.

well from the looks of it it seems to be an 80m, i have a 120mm in the side of mine (i happen to put it there myself. hole and all ) if it was any bigger it would be more noticable. to measure it just take a ruler and see how many mm's it is. and say u get something like 78mm than its a 80mm. it might be off a little
__________________
My beast lappy: Acer netbook, 1.6ghz atom dual core, 2gb ddr3
My PSN: Kalikid_420
_-..zKiLLA..-_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:14 PM   #19
In Runtime
 
jashan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 374
Default Re: Putting together a Video Editing PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by _-..zKiLLA..-_ View Post
nah thats koo.

well from the looks of it it seems to be an 80m, i have a 120mm in the side of mine (i happen to put it there myself. hole and all ) if it was any bigger it would be more noticable. to measure it just take a ruler and see how many mm's it is. and say u get something like 78mm than its a 80mm. it might be off a little
OK thanks.

Final Parts

Case Fan Masscool 80mm Sleeve Bearing Case Fan
CPU Fan Thermaltake / Silent 775D / Socket 775 / Copper Core / Copper Heatpipes / CPU Fan
CD/DVD Drive Samsung SH-S183L SATA LightScribe OEM Burner - 18x DVD±R, 8x DVD±R Dual Layer, 12x DVD-RAM, 48x40 CD-R, 32x40 CD-RW, Black
Memory Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB)
Motherboard and Processor XFX GeForce 680i LT SLI Motherboard CPU Bundle - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor 2.40GHz OEM (5.2 lbs)
Case Ultra Black Aluminus ATX Mid-Tower Case with Clear Side, Front USB, Firewire and Audio Ports
Video Card EVGA GeForce 8600 GTS Video Card - 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express, SLI Ready, Dual DVI, HDTV, Video Card (1.7 lbs)
Sound Card Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Power Supply Apevia / Iceberg / 680-Watt / ATX / Dual 80mm Fan / 20/24 Pin / SLI-Ready / SATA-Ready / Blue / Power Supply

Doesnt this already have a fan built in?(the Power Supply i mean.)

Hard Drive Hitachi Deskstar 7K1000 750GB Hard Drive - 7200RPM, 32MB, Serial ATA-300, OEM

Good? BTW this is the first time I have bought seperate parts for a computer and put it together myself. Right now i have 512mb memory, 2.14 AMD Athlon 64 2600+ processor and a 100 gb hard drive..Haha, its really shitty. Its a Compaq Presario S422ONX


What do you mean 'all u have to remember is touch the case and make sure ur on tile or laminate with either shoes or bare foot. We dont want any static'?
jashan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:16 PM   #20
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 333
Default Re: Putting together a Video Editing PC

Buy a mac.
__________________

TheLastWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0