push it just a lil' farther

i'd actually try bumping up your voltages just a little, see if that gives you the extra push you need to raise it.

Once you start reaching high FSB, its not just about raising voltages. Its about tweaking and learning how things work. You will need to spend countless hours experimenting with different settings.

true. i'm not really all that knowladgeable about overclocking, i've gotten all my info froma guide on how to OC my board. Does your board have memory FSB Ratios? if it does, have you tried chaning them to see if its your RAM holding you back?

no i don't think I can change the ratios, I'll try a bunch of experimenting with bumping up the voltage bit by bit, right now i'm giving it a rest for a bit, I took off all the sides and stuff on my case ghetto rigged a hsf fan to my hdd's, opened up my windows, turned my ceiling fan on high...lol idk if it made a difference but it didn't hurt my temps never went above 55*C when I was just on the internet.

Also, idk if it would help but what if I lowered my multiplier and raised the fsb?

not sure... i've heard that only in cases of extream overclocking should someone even consider lowering thier multiplyer. However, i belive the multiplyer is hardlocked on your E6600. i Think its only the extream versions taht have the multiplyer unlocked.

I just tried puching the voltage up right past 1.213 and my system won't ven start up...it turns on but there is no video displayed or anything

not sure... i've heard that only in cases of extream overclocking should someone even consider lowering thier multiplyer. However, i belive the multiplyer is hardlocked on your E6600. i Think its only the extream versions taht have the multiplyer unlocked.
no I can change my multiplier from 6-9

Back
Top Bottom