push it just a lil' farther

hascet

Fully Optimized
Any ideas on how I can push my cpu a little farther? Maybe 3.9-4.0Ghz
Heres what its at now:
cpu3.jpg

If I bump the fsb up one then it will start to load windows get to the welcome screen then go black and turn off, and if I go any higher than that it just blue screens after I select my os it doesn't even get to starting to load windows

yeah , maybe the mobo dosent support any higher a fsb or maybe that is the processors max

yeah lower your voltage , just a little bit , maybe to 1.1 v and see , if it dosent boot you can reset the bios
ihavent overclcoked an e6600 before so i woulnt know how far you can go , also arent the chipsets different on the p5b and the p5w

muz379 said:
yeah lower your voltage , just a little bit , maybe to 1.1 v and see , if it dosent boot you can reset the bios
ihavent overclcoked an e6600 before so i woulnt know how far you can go , also arent the chipsets different on the p5b and the p5w
ya your right the p5w is 975, p5b is 965, oh well I thought i heard the 965 chipset was supposed to be great for overclocking...

i have heard the 965 is good for oc'ing but the 975 is probably better

I just tried lowering th evoltage to 1.000 and 1.15 like they had in their oc, but it kept saying oc failed so I put it back at auto. Any other ideas?

hascet said:
I just tried lowering th evoltage to 1.000 and 1.15 like they had in their oc, but it kept saying oc failed so I put it back at auto. Any other ideas?
hmm no more ideas , must be the diff chipset that limits your overclcok ,

ya maybe well i'm shooting for under 13 sec 1M pi time, righ tnow i'm at 13.547s so i'm thinking at maybe 3.9Ghz I could get it but idk

Pretty impressive still!! Those cpu's overclock amazingly, isnt it going to damage them going so much higher? Why can they oc so much more than other cpu's. Wish i had one lol

Back
Top Bottom