Purchase ink refill kit or buy new cartridge

frldyz

In Runtime
I purchased a brother worksmart printer,scanner and fax machine last year.
I only print and scan. I don't scan and print photos. I only scan documents or scan photos into the computer.

model: MFC-J880DW
ink series: LC201 ( standard yield ink series )
LC203 ( high yield ink series )

I purchased this printer because somewhere I read it was a good all in one printer. My opinion.... ehhh.... Doesn't hold much paper and seems to go thru ink like crazy.

I'm out of black ink ( ... again..... ).
In the past I've purchased cartridges from ebay. ( they don't seem to last long ) and from office max ( insanely expensive ).

Is it in my best interest just to purchase a refill kit and refill my cartridges as needed and save money?
1. Just not sure how well the refill kits work. Gimmicky or legit?
2. Is one kit or brand better then another?
3. Can all cartridges be refilled?
4. Ebay a good place to buy these kits or are they cheap and %$%%%?

Thansk in advance everyone

My opinion? I'd put it on ebay and buy a good laser MFP. Even if you end up buying used, your toner costs will be exponentially lower than your ink costs and over a couple years a laser printer will pay for it's self in savings versus inkjet cartridges!

I would purchase ink cartridges. But, like the reply above mine. You need a printer that would suit you much better.

I second the advice to drop inkjet and get a laser. A decent MF monochrome laser printer doesn't cost much more than an inkjet but will outperform it in every way. It will print faster, last longer and the cost per page printed is less.

I made the move to a laser about 5 years ago and have never regretted it.

I also second the advice. We ditched our HP inkjet printer for a Brother MFC-9330CDW Color Laser. They usually cost around $400AUD but we got ours cheap secondhand for $120 I think. Ink/toner has been cheap too.

Back
Top Bottom