Public Drive

serani

In Runtime
So I am wanting to create a public drive at my office, is there anyway possible to have an external harddrive setup on wireless for remote access?

Maybe between 5 users

Or what other kind of possibilities could I look at? Can this be done without setting up any local intranet?

Thanks all

Yeah its pretty easy. If you have all your computers networked, then you can install the external hdd on any computer. Then go to my computer, right click the external hdd, and go to sharing and security.

Under network sharing and security section, check the box next to 'Share this folder on the network'. Once you select it, you can name the drive so that it has a different name to people who access it over the network. Once you've done that assuming your computers are networked, other users on the network should be able to see the drive under Network Drives in 'My Computer'.

excellent thank you,

now for the tricky part :D

How can I link all the computers into the same network? They're all running off wireless to the same router,

I know this means they're connected tot he same network as far as internet goes, but does this allow the sharing functionality as well?

The router should allow you to share files already, you just have to make sure that all the computers are enabled for file sharing.

Back
Top Bottom