PSU or SSD

Agree Rich-M, That's a bad idea.
Kinda like how some people buy a top of the line graphic card, and then play games on a cheap monitor. Makes no sense. Why pay for a card that can really make all the small details in games appear, and then play it on a cheap monitor with dull colors and contrast.... Why???
My monitor cost 500 US bucks and i can see a difference in graphics without even changing the graphic card

Of course you can Biker because you get what you pay for. I am an ex pro photographer and graphics are really important to me though I feel like I can't afford $500 for a monitor and won't pay $300 for a video card I won't buy junk either as I am fussy! I started building my own pcs originally because I could not find in a store what I wanted to use. The business came later.

Yep, I've been building my own PCs (and for others) since the 386 days. There's no other way to go about it.

Running an HD7770 video card and an Asus IPS monitor I have some decent graphics. :)

Enermax makes good quality psus as well as Seasonic. The problem with psus is the people who build. The will not flinch at paying $300 for a video card but want to pay $20 for a psu. With psus the quality is in the maker and the wattage means nothing at all unless the psu is quality. Delta no not much good but Silver Power are.

Reverse here. I gave $249 for my PSU while I gave $149 for my video card. But I did buy a state of the art mother board directly from Intel, $270 and a top of their field Antec P280 case $299. I don't play games when it comes to building systems.

Not for a while you haven't as Intel has not made any boards in about 6 years now, they used to. Today most of their boards are made by Foxconn.

Mine's just 2 years old. I did read up shortly after that they were thinking about getting out of the board making part. They may be getting some one else to make them now but when I got mine they were still making the boards. If they were farming them out then I would not have got one.

Matter of fact the announcement was made in 2013 to ramp down over 3 years. So by next year they will just be supplying reference design to it's partners.

I'm very pleased with my board. It does what they say it will do and rather nicely.

Last edited:
I am not saying they are no good but it was about 6 years ago Intel turned much of their board manufacture to Foxconn and I was a bit alarmed as Foxconn is basically a junk maker. That is not to say they can't learn to do better boards though. Looking again I see it was at the end of January 2013 they announced plans to stop making any motherboards and I thought it was way before that.

Back
Top Bottom