PSU Compatability

So I ordered an Ezcool Ambiance 80+ 600W PSU from http://www.cjcomputers.co.uk/products.asp?recnumber=421.

I only just realised that the item is built for lga 775 intel sockets. The processor I have is lga 1156 intel core i3 530 overclocked. Will this PSU still run it or do I need a different one?

It should all use the same connectors and voltage/amperes, so it should be fine. I see no reason that it would not work.

thanx for your speedy response - I am building the a computer to sell it so it has to be perfect, so hopefully it will be fine!

thanx for your speedy response - I am building the a computer to sell it so it has to be perfect, so hopefully it will be fine!

that psu might "be fine", but I wouldn't trust it, if you're building a computer that has to be "perfect" why would you go with a psu that practically no one has heard of...? horrible decision, I understand that it may be a European brand, but from what I've googled people aren't very impressed with EzCool, and have actually stated in forum posts that it's poor quality and they've blown up a few...

I would spend a few extra bucks and get a decent, well known brand of psu because your psu is the backbone of your system, a lot of things can go wrong with an unstable psu, you'll be trying to figure out what's wrong with your memory, video card, etc., RMAing stuff, when all along it's the cheapo, crappy psu that isn't supplying enough stable power...

don't ever skimp on a psu in a build...

Back
Top Bottom