PSU Capabilities

Holysky

Fully Optimized
My PSU recently died and i have no money to afford a new one.... i have one from a 5 year old e machines one. It has 300 watt max

well can i run this system with it until i can buy a new one.

650i SLI motherboard

8600GT PNY 256 MB

250GB seabreeze HDD

Regular dvd burner

Intel Pentium D 3.2 GHZ..... Hyperthreading.... yea

3 case fans, 2 with LEDS

This was a PSU from a Computer with a HUGE virus and many other problems

300W is really not enough to run that system. An 8600GT requires at least a 350W power supply. Those eMachines units weren't the best quality wise.

My PSU recently died and i have no money to afford a new one.... i have one from a 5 year old e machines one. It has 300 watt max

well can i run this system with it until i can buy a new one.

650i SLI motherboard

8600GT PNY 256 MB

250GB seabreeze HDD

Regular dvd burner

Intel Pentium D 3.2 GHZ..... Hyperthreading.... yea

3 case fans, 2 with LEDS

This was a PSU from a Computer with a HUGE virus and many other problems

Probably not, the psu is probably a 20-pin psu and your motherboard is most likely a 24-pin motherboard. Check to be sure though, if not, it's a no-go.

I think it could -- I just put my old 8600GT in my uncle's eMachine... ran fine.

The 8600GT doesn't really need a 350W.. I use to run it on my Dell 300W PSU.

You could chance it. Worst thing that would probably happen is your system becomes unstable, random shutdowns until you get a new one.

Just try not to put your system under too heavy load until you replace it.

You could chance it. Worst thing that would probably happen is your system becomes unstable, random shutdowns until you get a new one.

Just try not to put your system under too heavy load until you replace it.

just running that system is gonna be putting that psu under a considerable load, pentium Ds are very power hungry and use a lot of juice...

Back
Top Bottom