PSU always on.

B Brokenshire

Beta member
HI everyone. I recently built a PC. A week ago I decided to upgrade the power supply to a Corsair AX850. The first time I hit the PSU power button the whole system came to life. Everything was running except Windows. I then hit the PC's power button and Windows boots. Everything works like a dream! However when I shut down the system via Windows, it shuts down but the PSU keeps nearly everything running. The PSU is not getting the command to turn on or off, it is always on until I hit the PSU's rear panel power switch. OUCH!!!!! The former PSU worked like a charm but was not powerful enough for some new additions. Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks, B!!

Hello! Well after performing several tests, it is nothing to do with my computer. Nothing!!! The power supply out of the PC does the exact same thing, so back to the store. They (NCIX) gave me a brand new unit and all is well. Of coarse I tested it befroe installation. So if this happens to anyone else, test your PSU out of the PC. Connect a light, CD ROM drive or even a hard disk drive and if any of these components just start working that is the PSU always being ON. Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom