PS3 video into TV card, goes to graphics card, out to Monitor? Slow response rate?

j.venning

In Runtime
Hey all! I have just bought myself a PlayStation 3 and think it's wonderful. As well as that, I have also re-decorated my room and have put my PC in it and I am using my computer as a TV (with a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR3000 TV Card). Would I experience a time lag if I put my PS3 into the TV card to be shown on the PC monitor?

Will it affect the graphics considerably (it's on my older computer with GeForce 7300LE, dual 3.2 Pentium Processors, 1GB RAM)?

Regards,
AJ.

Umm well that video card is not the greatest, I'm sure if it was your computer in your specs it wouldn't have a problem.

I'm not totaly sure on this one though, but does your tv tuner card have the Hd inputs?

Nope it doesn't - the thing is I don't want to spend £300 - £400 on a new TV especially for the use. I'm not all that fussed regarding the HD, graphics are graphics.

Yea but trust me, I have my Ps3 hoooked up to a plasma. When I first got the playstation I didn't have the HD cables and it looked alright. I wasn't all that pleased, then I got the HD cables and now I'm blown away.

It'll work fine I think, But to get full effect of the awesome graphics, I would buy a MASSIVE PLASMA LOL< :D:D:D, I'm sure it would be worth it :D:D

you will get a picture on the monitor if you just put it to a regular TV input on the card.

no the picture quality won't be great.

but it will give you something to use as a TV whilst you are deciding what TV to buy and gathering the funds to buy it!

does the monitor have dvi input
cuz u can can a converter for dvi to hdmi

Back
Top Bottom