PS2 HDD Slaved?

that white cable in the middle with 34pins is what you use to connect your floppy disk drive to your mother board. The twist in the cable also tells you its for floppy

Ahh.. I didn't elect to get a floppy when i bought system. But good to know i have the pins.

Yea, but i gotta do what i gotta do. It's currently a waste of money sitting where it's at. Why not take advantage of it?

Get a external casing for the hard drive, then you can make it an external HDD for backups etc.

Good idea, thanks.. No ones really been able to answer one main questions I've had though.. What type of connection is that my HDD is currently using? As i've said before when coming to comps this is the one area im "Dumb" in.

I don't know much about it either, but from a little reading the other day it looks like SATA? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

its possible that is the weirdest connection i have ever seen, can u take a picture of the end of that cable so we can see the pins and so on? then we might be able to tell what it is

I'm afraid to tell you, that it might not work. Just because I'm sure the HDD that the PS2 uses is some funky connectoin so you can't use it with anything else. You know how companies do that.

But I'm not sure, I can't tell what it is. You might want to explore around on the Internet to see if anyone else has done this. ;)

Back
Top Bottom