Proven Mobo/Ram Combo

reigore22

Solid State Member
I currently have a Phenom II 965BE C2 in my old AM2+ board, and I want to upgrade to DDR3.
Does anyone here use this same processor with a tried and true RAM MOBO combo?
And also support for ATI Cross fire.

Any input, greatly appreciated.

What is your budget? I have an M4A79T deluxe with 4GB of kingston DDR3 1333.

You would most likely be better off with the Crosshair III formula, which is a better board, but only supports dual crossfireX or the MSI 790FX-GD70, and 4GB of G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600.

It all depends on budget though.

What is your budget? I have an M4A79T deluxe with 4GB of kingston DDR3 1333.

You would most likely be better off with the Crosshair III formula, which is a better board, but only supports dual crossfireX or the MSI 790FX-GD70, and 4GB of G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600.

It all depends on budget though.

So Crosshair III formula, G.skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600, and a Phenom II 965 would work well together?
That's about $300
One more query,
My current system
M3A79-T Dlux
Phenom II 965BE
4GB 2x2gb DDR2@1066Mhz Kingston HyperX
Would this be a justifiable upgrade for $300 Bucks?

It really will not make that big of a difference in performance, though you will have way better sound, and the ability to crossfire. It will also be a lot more futureproof than the AM2+ board.

So the answer is that it really depends.

you will have way better sound, and the ability to crossfire.

I already have CF and my sound isn't bad so... I'll take your suggestions in to consideration when and if I get ready to upgrade

Your input is appreciated

im using an m4a89gtd pro/usb3 board from Asus with AMD phenom II 965 and 4gb of G.Skill 1600mhz ram. seems to be working just fine.

im using an m4a89gtd pro/usb3 board from Asus with AMD phenom II 965 and 4gb of G.Skill 1600mhz ram. seems to be working just fine.
I just ordered that board, it had every thing I needed. I went a different way with the ram though, I got some Gskill RipJaws 6GB triple channel kit PC3 16000http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231306.
It should work, right? As for the MOBO, if it ships with the older BIOs, which apparently doesn't support the PII 965 x4 C3, which is the only AM3 cpu I have access to, how could I update the bios?

Back
Top Bottom