Protection (No i haven't posted in the wrong forum :p)

Kage

Golden Master
Hi,

Just thought I'd start this thread off... might make people think differently when it comes to changing something inside there pc, like adding new parts/building.

How many of you use protection when tinkering in the insides of your pc or just before hand to earth yourself?

For example, putting your hands on a radiator to get rid of static, wearing a anti-static armband, being a couple.

Just thought this would be kewl, to see how many people actually do, and also problems people have encountered as a result of not doing this.

I know I'm going to be using an anti-static arm band (a wire travels to the floor to earth yourself continuously) when doing mine up today :p ...don't want to take any risk, thank you very much :D

*KaGe*

electricity is all about potential, it doesn't matter so much that you are attached to earth so much as it does that you have the same potential as the components you are trying to protect...

(attache the ani saic bracelt to the case of the system you are working on...
leave the system lpugged into a wall socket, but make sure it is off, (that way you are protected from the mains and have a good earth connection).

yeah i make sure case is plugged in, though switched off. and just try to grab it every so often to make sure im ok!

Back
Top Bottom