Protecting my Information

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
I have some very sensitive information that I need to store on my computer for quite some time. And I have a couple of questions:

1. When you right click a folder and go to its properties and make it hidden, what does that do? I've always thought it just unarchives it so that it won't show up in a search.

2. Is there any way to lock the contents of a folder?

3. I use to know a program where you could create an encrypted folder, and without the password its content's would be useless. I can't remember the name of the program, but does anyone know of a program that can do this?

Thanks in advance!

I bought one of those fingerprint readers. It came with software to encrypt files. That way if you try and access the file you need the password to get into it. But it supports huge passwords so you should be able to encrypt it pretty well. Plus theres programs like stegano's security suite that puts a hidden drive on your computer. You access it by hitting shift + a key you designate. If you wanted it really secure put it in there then encrypt it again. The drive won't show until you access the command. As soon as you exit it, it will disappear again.

theres a program called "folder lock". it stops the folder from showing up anywhere in windows, in the search, etc. its basically hidden, even from you, till you unlock it from the program

Back
Top Bottom