Programs take forever to open. Help.

mudstickz

Solid State Member
Ok so I start up the computer and it all seems to be working fine, no freezing just everything normal. Then I go to open a program and it takes ages.

Example: when I go to open up msn messenger it takes around 3 minutes to open and then it starts freezing (just the program does).

Example2: I'll click IE and it wont open so I click it again 1 minute later then about 3 minutes later both windows just open but freeze.

If you need to know anything about my software, hardware, OS just ask.

But please help it's extremely annoying since I'm usually always on the computer.

Also I've ran Norton Ghost a couple of times and it didn't help.

Have you ran any virus - spyware scanners such as AdAware, Spybot, or AVG?

Whens the last time you did a little cleaning of unneeded files and junk and a defrag?

I did this all yesterday/this morning.

I ran AdAware and AVG full system scans, defragd, disk clean up, and deleted all the old files I don't use anymore. Plus I ran windows memory diagnostic (I think) and that picked up nothing.

you cleaned out the temp folder correct?

open up your task manager and click on poccesses. see if there is some program hogging all of your ram.

No new programs apart from re installing drivers which I had already previouslly had on (when I ran norton ghost).

And In task manager there is soe large ones but I don't know which ones I should and shouldn't end.

Here is a picture of processes.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6fr8oz7

EDIT:I only have DDR 512mb. I'm trying to get another 512 but the shops closed when ever I have the chance.

how much harddrive have you got and how much are you using? are you storing big files like films games or photograghs, i see you defeg the computer so that should have helped you could try this aswell http://www.ccleaner.com/ update you anti spyware program and run it again.

I have 2x 80gb hard drives.
On the C drive which has the os etc I'm only using around 6gb and there's practicly no files apart from a few pictures on there. And on the D drive I have a lot of movies but I don't know how that could do anything to the C drive?

Back
Top Bottom