Program Errors with DVD & Media Player Classic

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
I'm trying play a DVD on my laptop, but it's just not working right! Alright, it plays fine with PowerDVD, but the audio is very quiet. Yes, the volume in Volume Proporties and on PowerDVD are both on full.

I tried Media Player Classic(basically a clone of Windows Media Player 6.4 with more features) and it plays great, with very loud audio. However, it will give me program erors near the same spots in the movie! I don't think it's when it hits a new chapter because it has played for about 10 minutes before. Then sometimes it plays for about 30 seconds after picking a scean to begin at.

I know I could just use PowerDVD and some speakers, but I'd really like to be able to use this machine without carrying much around with me. Say, if I want to take a movie to a friends house or something and I don't connect it to the TV...

Well you could try using the real windows media player series 10 it's free just download from Microsoft plus it's a lot more modern than the clone you mentioned. You might allso have to download newer codecs if the problem persists and no you do not have to conect it to the tv. If you still have a probleme maybe it is because have a pirate copy I am assuming you have the real deal not that I object to pirate copies they are cheaper

No, I refuse to use WMP...I have all the codecs and everything to play just about any video file... I've tried WMP with DVDs and it's OK, but I'm not too pleased with it. I'd rather use PowerDVD or MPC.

And yes, PowerDVD is legal, and MPC is free, so neither are a pirate :p

Back
Top Bottom