This is an excellent free piece of software that analyze license agreements so you don't really have to read the entire thing to see if it mentions any extra un-wanted programs or whatnot.
EULAlyzer can analyze license agreements in seconds, and provide a detailed listing of potentially interesting words and phrases. Discover if the software you're about to install displays pop-up ads, transmits personally identifiable information, uses unique identifiers to track you, or much much more.
- Discover potentially hidden behavior about the software you're going to install
- Pick up on things you missed when reading license agreements
- Keep a saved database of the license agreements you view
- Instant results - super-fast analysis in just a second
- EULA Research Center, which optionally allows users to anonymously submit license agreements they scan to help us to further improve the program, everyone can be a part of the effort to make something that used to be so tedious, so easy.
When installing software, never just click past the license agreement. Pop it into EULAlyzer, and EULAlyze it!
New in this version:
- Improved and enhanced detection of interesting items
- the ability to capture some previously "un-copyable" license agreements, and many small bug fixes.
This product is freeware, but there is a PRO version available at the authors site.