processors limited to 30 active object on screen

BEST JD TCR

In Runtime
processors limited to 30 active object on screen
I was reading a computer magazine about a week ago, when I came up apon - processors are limited to only 30 active object movements on screen at a time. what this means is; if you ever played half life 2, and moved an object (or person) with the gravitygun-then you would know what im talking about. Now at times' when playing a game over & over, you start to see things fall in the same place (and the same time, you played the last time). Right?, Now making these events happen, are very time comsuming and requirer alot of people to do. Now what if you could have the video card do all the calculations, and free up the burden on the processor, and have the programers use the extra calcs' for AI. Now I did'nt make this up, the computer magazine said they may have one of these video cards coming in Christmas for PCI-E.

its the Physics engine I tihnk you might be talking about. Physx chip

Yeah. That'll be great that when that arrives :D

Though when dual and triple CPU's hit hehe, this process could again be took over, though the GPU is much better at doing more tasks at once because of the pipelines :p

The physics system should finally fix things going through walls and floors and such like and better physics engines for gravity, and other human interatction, though even now, this could probably be better done (Half Life 2 was a step up)

Back
Top Bottom