Processors????

dbone

Baseband Member
I know there will be a couple different answers, but when looking for a new laptop, which should I prefer, this whole AMD Sempron craziness, or the ol' Pentium?

This will be for light travel and home use. Some work at home, internet, maybe a little video editing. No gaming. What I am looking at is
CPU: Mobile AMD Sempron 3000+
compared to
CPU: Intel Celeron M Processor 350 1.30GHz
about 75 bucks difference in price

Get a Pentium M. They are light, and don't use much power. It doesn't matter if you don't want to use it for gaming, it is still a good choice. I wouldn't recommend a Celeron M though.

Yeah, i think you should either go for a Pentium M or wait for the Turion. Pentium M's can be pretty cheap and i think they'll be able to deliver you what you want.

The AMD Sempron is obviously going to offer better performance than the Celeron M since the Celeron M (M for mobile) isn't a very good processor as we all know. It's meant to give you extra battery life with a processor that works, it has no heavy performance to speak of. The Pentium M would be an excellent choice for you to make for travel. The Centrino offers very nice battery life and excellent performance. Or you could wait for AMD's Turion solution, which is going to be low power high performance chip.

Back
Top Bottom