Processor upgrade

Raffaz

Golden Master
Ive just ordered an athlon x2 4200+ from OCUK (£88.41 with next day delivery ), will have it tomorrow. Ive got a dual boot system with XP and vista. Am i likely to run into problems with the OSes when i change the processor over? Is there any easy workarounds, or am i likely to need to reinstall? I think i might getaway with a repair of XP, but im not to sure about how vista works with stuff like this. Has anyone done this with vista?

Don't know about the actual processor swap, but I hope you have a smooth experience with overlclockers, I've heard nothing but bad things about them

Congats Raffaz, Thats a good question that I'm not sure of. it is a hardware change but is that something the software is monitoring, interesting. i hope you post what happens. Your one of the first person I've noticed on this forum upgrading an AMD. Most seem to be Intel fans.

Don't know about the actual processor swap, but I hope you have a smooth experience with overlclockers, I've heard nothing but bad things about them
Ive used them for years without any problems whatsoever. They also have an excellent RMA service.

Congats Raffaz, Thats a good question that I'm not sure of. it is a hardware change but is that something the software is monitoring, interesting. i hope you post what happens. Your one of the first person I've noticed on this forum upgrading an AMD. Most seem to be Intel fans.

Im only upgrading my AMD because money is tight at the moment, so i cant afford a new mobo, ram etc. Im pretty sure that a repair in xp will be ok, its my vista partition that im concerned about.:)

I ordered from overclockers yesterday and received it first thing this morning. Excellent service so far!!! :)

I ordered from overclockers yesterday and received it first thing this morning. Excellent service so far!!! :)
Yeah exactly lol. You can guarantee that people who post stuff like "i heard" or "i wouldnt use them because" etc have never actually tried them personally, so their opinion doesnt count to me.:)

Well, i done my upgrade with no problems. I had to reboot XP once it installed multiprocessor drivers. Vista never had any problems at all. Took 10 mins altogether.:)

Back
Top Bottom