TSS_custom

Baseband Member
Hi, Currently I have a Shuttle model# AK32V/N
mobo, and A AMD Athlon XP 2400+ proccesor
that is 266 fsb. In the manuel of my mono it says
it supports 200/266. Is it possible if lets say i get
a proccesor that is 333fsb and some how make
it work. Is this possible

THe the mobo only supports 200/266, that's probably as fast as it'll go. I assume the processor would work, but just at one of those slower bus speeds.

If im right that chip should be running at 333fsb? Isnt the 200 stuff going to mulitplied or you are taking these from memory speeds?

I dont care if i put a 3200 and it goes at 200 or 266 fsb i just wanna know will it work or will it just not work.

it should work just as long as the sockets fit. the bus speeds would change to the fastest your mobo can support (i think). :)

You'd Hope :D Probably would - but personally I would not recommend a Processor Upgrade without an equal Motherboard Upgrade, and the same the otherway.

lol, babble babble. There is no harm in underclocking a cpu lol.

well its kinda pointless buying a processor say 2ghz then underclock it to 1.5 just buy a 1.5 (just an example)

Sorry to ask another question within this one, but why do they(or have they) made processors that only run at slower FSB's. I mean when I was getting my Athlon a while back, they had a 200MHz and a 266MHz model. If they both work, what was the point?!

Back
Top Bottom