If anyone has any information regarding processor production that would be great. Some things i'm interested in specifically:
Originally Posted by things im interested in specifically
- I know that the gates and transistors are 'etched' onto a silicone chip, but what does etched mean? Does etched mean engraved? Does etched mean that a machine places/draws tiny metal transistors on the chip?
- Any information regarding Silicon-Germanium-On-Insulator. Google and wikipedia don't seem to have a lot on the subject.
- If Silicon-Germanium-On-Insulator technology is used by companies like INTEL and AMD
- When the architechture for a new processor is being deisgned, what software does an engineer use to design it?
- In regards to 90nm, 65nm, and the next step, 45nm technology what are the physical limitations regarding the width of transistors. Why can't processor manufcatures operate using 25nm technology?
- Whats an address bus?
- Whats a data bus?
Karma/rep is always appreciated
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who can read binary, and those who can't.