processor help

xxc00lmanxx

In Runtime
Hello i was wonder if any of you know what kind of processor i should get if i wanted to get faster ghz, i have a IBM 1.4ghz 512 ram and 256 video card all of this is good but my processor.. its bad. I'm not looking for a really good 3ghz just about 1.8 to 2ghz processor, would any of you know what kind i should get because people tell me i cant use any kind of processor i need one that fit in in my modem.

Thanks

First of all, GHz isn't everything. The model of the processor matters. What is your budget for a new processor, and what are the full current specs of your machine?

Thanks, I would recommend getting an entirely new PC, either buying or building one. Everyone here will tell you to build one, as you will save lots of money, and we can guide you step by step.

Try to find out what socket the processor is. It should be either 423 or 478. Most likely, it's 478.

If it is in fact Socket 478, and you don't want to get a whole new computer, get something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819116027

xxc00lmanxx said:
ok thanks alout and how would i find out wat the socket is?

I can find mine using a program called "CPU-Z." The download link is at the top left. It's under the "CPU" tab, next to "Package." It shouldn't be any different for an Intel, but it just could be. It'd be worth a try.

ok thanks alout i found out that my socket is 423..... god dam i dont want to spend alout of money on getting a new mouther board and ram -___- unless i can get a cheap mother board with 2ghz or higher that uses pc800 ram... if someone can help me find something like this that would be vary helpful

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom