Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-03-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Re: Which processor: 2.2 GHz dual core with hyper threading, or 1.4 GHz quad core?

Okay, I'm on a budget right now so I have to keep the price down, but I've found two laptops both on sale for $380. Both laptops are 4GB RAM DDR3 and 500GB Hard drive.

I'm wondering if the processor from the laptop would make much of a difference and which one would be the better choice?:

One of my options is a i3-2330M processor (2.2 GHz, dual core, but I heard supposed to sort of simulate the quad with hyper threading, although not a true quad)

The other is an AMD A6-3400M (1.4 GHz, quad core)

Which would be the better deal for a laptop at $380 with the above specs?

SOME MORE INFO: I'm not very knowledgeable about computers, but I found some specifications for the processors on Wikipedia. I'm just not sure how to interpret what the specs actually mean:

The i3-2330M processor: List of Intel Core i3 microprocessors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Just three processors down.
The actual computer I'm thinking about is (just in case graphics memory type, etc, are important) AS5750-6493 | Product Model

The one for AMD Quad-Core A6-3400M is at List of AMD mobile microprocessors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fourth processor down.
The computer is Gateway - Laptop / AMD A-Series Processor / 15.6" Display / 4GB Memory - Ebony Black - NV55S09U

ComputerQuestio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #2
Beta Member

Default Which processor: 2.2 GHz dual core with hyper threading, or 1.4 GHz quad core?

If you don't need a very good graphics card I advise you to buy the Intel Core 13-2330M, cause a laptop for $380 wouldn't have a great graphics card, it would have Intel HD Graphics 3000. If you need a better graphics card I advise you to buy the AMD APU Quad-Core A6 3400M cause it has the graphics card: AMD Radeon 6520g
Bruniko1 is offline   Reply With Quote