which processor?

Redonmyhead

Baseband Member
I want to get the quad core. Which one though? Either QX6800 or should I wait for the QX6850 this fall? I know the bus size FOR QX6850 is 1333 and QX6800 is 1066 i think. Plus the ram is DDR3 intead of DDR2. Is this going to make a big difference? I'm not a computer expert by no means. I'm going to use it fstrictly for gaming and my wife is going to use multiple applications on it. is it worth the wait? i just want to have good specs when cyrsis comes out? any suggestions much appreciated!

Red

a quad-core processor seems like overkill for your necessities you should probaly just get the intel core 2 duo e6600 for a fraction of the price.

well if you have the money i would say wait for the QX6850 but do you really need that much power ?

if your in a rush then the QX6800 will still be a hell of a processor accompanied with like 2GB maybe 4GB RAM

i still dnt think you need that much power if your on a budget just get the
e6600
thats still a good processor.

hmm tough decision you can do some pretty heavy gaming with an e6600 and 2GB 800Mhz DDR2 RAM and a decent mobo

i dunno mate i would say

IF YOUR ON A BUDGET
get an e6600 and 2GB 800Mhz DDR2 RAM and a decent mobo

IF YOU HAVE ALOT OF CASH AND CNT WAIT
get the QX6800 with 4GB 800Mhz DDR2 RAM and decent mobo

IF YOU HAVE ALOT OF CASH AND PATIENCE
get the QX6850 with 4GB 1375Mhz DDR3 RAM and decent mobo

but honestly the e6600 is a very good processor the QX6800 is just AMAZING and the QX6850 is just gonna be :eek: lol

its your choice m8

The E6600 is by no means a budget processor. It's actually one of the best processors out there right now...

Crysis won't be a problem whatsoever for the E6600, and as for multiple applications, I doubt your wife is going to be running 4 virtual machines all at the same time. Because that's really the only good reason to have a quad core right now besides for a server.

hi,

freestyler i know the e6600 isnt a budget processor but i was just saying if he is on a budget get that ?

i know it sounds weird but there is a big difference between building a budget computer and building a computer on a budget

if you read i still say the e6600 is a very good processor

i agree i cant see him using all of the QX6800 but like i said if he has no budget and wants a really really good computer y not ?

if he really wants to, he could just get the e6600 for one system and then a budget dual core for a whole separate system for his wife for about the same $$ it would take to build one quad core system, couldn't he...?

seriously, he would still have a kick ass system and then another one that would still be decent, hell, depending on which quad core he was thinking of getting, he might be able to build 2 separate systems with e6600s for about the same price...

the current quad cores are supposed to drop to 400$ after the new ones come out maybee you could buy an old one then because it is kinda of an overkill

are you going to overclock the cpu??

Back
Top Bottom