Processing Power, or photos, and internet?

Half Evil

Golden Master
Intel(R) Celeron(R) M 360 (1.4 GHz)
Intel(R) Celeron(R) M 370 (1.5 GHz)
Intel(R) Celeron(R) M 380 (1.6 GHz)
Intel(R) Pentium(R) M Processor 725A (1.60 GHz)
Intel(R) Pentium(R) M Processor 740 (1.73 GHz)
Intel(R) Pentium(R) M Processor 750 (1.86 GHz)
Intel(R) Pentium(R) M Processor 760 (2.0 GHz)
Intel(R) Pentium(R) M Processor 770 (2.13 GHz)

First off, is there going to be a differenence in performance between the
Intel(R) Celeron(R) M 360 (1.4 GHz)\
Intel(R) Celeron(R) M 370 (1.5 GHz) |
Intel(R) Celeron(R) M 380 (1.6 GHz)/ processing power of those that one, because it seems like there wont be a noticable difference. And im not sure of the prices of these, but will a 1.4GHz processer be fast enough for photo orginization, internet browsing, and such. Or should i need to go to a higher, say a 1.6GHz?

Which one outta these then?
and then there are others up there for choices, but i think 1.4GHz, and a 1.5GHz max, what do you guys think?

yes there is going to be a performance difference between the pentiums and the celerons, the pentiums have twice the cache of the celerons so that will make a big difference. Don't buy a celeron man they're total junk...buy a pentium....or even better, buy an amd.

we are talking about laptops here aren't we?

Pentium M is the way to go. There will be a difference between them and say celeron M's. Though those celerons will be enough for internet browsing etc. But ofcourse the faster the better.

yeah , the faster the better, but this dosent need to be some tricked out laptop, just something useable, not laggy, or crappy, just moderatly smooth running.

arrizx said:
And im not sure of the prices of these, but will a 1.4GHz processer be fast enough for photo orginization, internet browsing, and such. Or should i need to go to a higher, say a 1.6GHz?

Which one outta these then?
and then there are others up there for choices, but i think 1.4GHz, and a 1.5GHz max, what do you guys think?

1.4GHZ will be more than fine for Photos and Internet browsing. With most processors these days, you'll find its not just the GHZ rating that matters, since you can have a really good rating, but hardly any performance coming from it. Its all about what performance the chip can throw out at that rating.

If the price is too high from the 1.4 to the 1.6, don't go for it, as thats only a 200mhz jump which you probably wouldn't notice.

I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom