processer

pinky4life623

In Runtime
Hi i have a random question? Does the type of processer make your graphics look better on your computer moniter? Like vibrance, clarity?
Example does a AMD 64 have the same quality of graphics comnpared to a Pentium 4..with the same vidoe card?

No, but, having a better processor, does help the video card. They go hand in hand, because the processor loads all the textures from the hard drive, and then the video card displays them. So you technicly if your processor sucks, then your game will still be laggy. And probably pixleated. But, having both good graphcs card, and good video card, then you get fast unpacking of the textures, and there displayed just as fast with the gpu. Sorry if this doesnt make sense..

yea it kinda makes sense
but this is why i am asking this
well my stepdad was saying the processer doesnt make the graphics better
and i said it did because my computer is using the same video card as my moms but she is on a Pentium4 and im on a AMD Athlon 3000+ processer and we have the same moniters but mine is more clear and vibrant
i was wondering if the processer plays a role in that?

Well its like this.

The better the graphics card, the better color, and textures, and Fps.
The better the processor, the smoother the game play.
The more ram, the faster loading textures. The faster the ram, the faster it gets to the graphics card to smooth them all out.

Back
Top Bottom