Problems with windows

dakxxus

BSOD
Alright.. here is the same thing i posted a day ago. It had no replies whatsoever, so i think i need to post it again, seeing how serious a problem it is..

After having a stable pc for along time, something finally went wrong. I haven't downloaded anything but the Requiem: Bloodymare client from gamershell.com and gmod10 from steam, so i know i didnt get a virus. But, it doesnt make any sense then. I occasionally have the following problems:

When i go to youtube, i cant click anything on the webpage, and i exit it only to use IE7 instead.

Sometimes, the bar at the bottom of the screen (cant think of name) locks up anything down there and clicking doesnt register on anything down there (programs, etc,.)

It cant be a virus because i scan with Spybot S&D every weekend along with Defraggler, AVG 8.0, and CCleaner. I take alot of steps to keep my pc performing at top notch, yet i cannot figure out what this would be. The only other thing i have done in the past few weeks was download the new forceawre from the original nvidia website. I installed vista on another HDD, but these problems existed before any of that.

Any ideas?

do a virus or a spyware check just incase you might say your virus free but these problems point to spyware or a virus either that or reinstall windows or go back to your previous nvidia drivers and see if that helps

I did download and install COMODO Firewall, AV, and BOclean. BOclean (i think is the name) is an anti malware. BUT, after getting comodo firewall up and running, nothing seems to be going wrong. Ill post results from the scans.

Already scanned with AVG 8.0 payed edition, will scan with COMODO and Avast!

your problem does sound quite odd
you said the bar at the bottom of the screen locks up do you mean the taskbar?
check to see if theirs any services running or programs that you don't recognise and either remove them or disable them from starting up.
let's hope someone else has some ideas cos ive run out

Sounds like your system is running out of memory.

Have you run memtest86+ on each stick individually?

Well both AVG and COMODO AV didnt find anything, i am going to run memtest now.

UPDATE: Ive downloaded alot of the memtest86+ and all of them are iso or bin files, i have no idea how to run these.. Any help?

Back
Top Bottom