Problems with watching video! Need Help!

Jp425

Baseband Member
I have windows media player 11, and i can't seem to play any streaming video from any websites. I think i have all the plug ins (i have the k-lite codec pack)
Sometimes i get error messages that wmp cannot play this file, other times where the file is supposed to be played in the website, the wmp appears but there is no video.

For instance i wanted to watch this http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/streams/#

but no video appears for me, just the wmp. This is the case for any websites i visit.

Should i uninstall wmp11 and get a previous version?

thanks

Seeing that most companies distribute their media using the Windows Media Server or another method that is compatible with all WMP, I don't think you should be having any problems.

What about your connection speed? Is it constantly buffering?
What is your computer setup like? I would recommend re-installing it to resolve any certain issues.

You might want to make sure all codecs are up to date also, some video's won't let you watch them using your media player unless you have the right codecs.

Thanks for your help guys. I tired uninstalling and reinstalling it but it didn't work.
Then i installed the DivX codec and now it works. I thought DivX was just to watch DivX movies and not for watching streaming files. Could it be sites like i posted use DivX compression?

That is suprising! I don't think that DivX is a common media to stream...normall RM or WMV etc. Even so, DivX compression is excellent but you just can't beat XviD!

I would say yes as they might conflict, if your not happy with xpcodecs then just remove them and go back to klite, you could also try powerdvd aswell if they still dont work.

Back
Top Bottom