Problems with Power Adapter

Xenon Freek

Solid State Member
I'm currently having problems with my Targus APM62 power adapter. When it is connected to an output, no light turns on indicating any charge. When I disconnect a certain piece from my Acer laptop, the light turns on, but it is not connected to my laptop so it won't charge. Any help would be appreciated.

I know this seems rather silly, but have you tried this with multiple outlets? Additionally, can you specify what you mean by "certain piece"? What piece is it?

This is rather odd problem. From what I gathered at the moment, I would say something is wrong with the laptop battery. The power adapter looks to be working fine if it lights up when it's connected to the power outlet (but not the laptop battery).

Did it work before? What have you done differently since the last time it worked correctly?

Targus.....they make decent cases and stuff....I dunno about their electronics.....

So what happened, how did it fix itself?

Not only my curiosity, but someone else who may read this thread in the future with the same problem.

I don't know, I didn't do anything with it since I posted my last message. And by 'certain piece' I mean the part of the wire that connects from the adapter to the laptop.

Well, if it doesn't work, then all of a sudden does work then I'd have to say the power adapter might be packing up.

Back
Top Bottom