Problems with new RAM sticks in two different motherboards.

zoobooboozoo

Baseband Member
Hi all, I'm having 2 problems with 2 different motherboards and the new memory sticks I got for them. In both cases the old memory stick was fine, but I wanted to get new, faster ones, and also get two sticks for dual channel memory for each motherboard. 1) DFI LanParty BI G41-T33B: When I replace the old stick with the new ones the screen would stay black. No Bipping sound from the motherboards, like it makes when it can't recognize/support a certiain memory stick. everything seems to be fine EXCEPT the screen would stay dark. I tried placing just one of the sticks or the other but nothing helped and the problem remains: with the old stick - everything is fine, new stick(s) - screen is black. 2) ASUS P5KPL-AM: I replaced the old stick with two news. but only 2GB are rcognized. I checked the BIOS(it's not a windows issue, only 2GB are recognized in the BIOS). and in one of the BIOS Setup pages it says something like:"Installed Memory size: 2048 Usable Size: 2048" I'm not sure if it means there's room for 2GB more or that I filled the max capacity... I checked the motherboard model in asus' website and also the CPU-Z report and the capacity should be 4GB as far as I can tell. Thx in advance, ZBBZ.

Back
Top Bottom