problems with NeW LeDs...

buckweat420-

Baseband Member
Ok i got 2 memorex blue cathode leds...hooked them up and noticed something....when i turn them off and on through the ON off switch my computer shuts down and it says that the cpu power was shut down due to over heating? my case is
87 F
30.555555555555557 C
303.71555555555556 K

Now im a overclocker and i know...that is one COOL case...so what went wrong?...anyideas? is there a way to shut offf this safty feature and it is ok to use the LEDS?....thanks PLEASE help me...

How are the hooked up. Just go into your bios and disable or increase the CPU max threshhold.

If it starts fine without the cathodes then I hate to say this maybe you will have to remove them.

Well see its weird...i got them hooked up through the power supply. useing the regurlar connector...(that ud use to hook a drive up)But when i turn the computer off...then flip the switch to turn them them on then turn on the comp they work fine...until i go to turn them off while the comp is running then it shuts off.......and vise versa...where would that setting be in the bios i dont see it?

Hmm its not wise to be turning off and on things once the pc is loaded including fans and lights.

down to a crappy power supply. Once you switch something off during its working, it kind of makes things unstable and might give a nice lil surge to the motherboard. Dont switch it off lol

Back
Top Bottom