Problems with my old Compaq LTE 5300

Dark Savant0

Beta member
Hi, I am having a minor(or msjor, depending on how you look at it) problem with my old Compaq LTE 5300. I bought this old laptop about 2-3 years ago and it was working great. It had both nt and 95 installed and was working just as I wished it would. Then a year ago I bought a new laptop and put the 5300 in storage. Just recently I decided to use it again and see if I could install a new os in order to put on some more accessories. I turned it on and everything was going fine, only an error message like this came up(it no longer shows up, so I dont know exactly):

Error - System time was reset due to damaged hibernation file
Error -(I dont know what this one was, but if I can remember, I will post)

I tried to reinstall nt and 95 from the cd drive(it has no floppy), but it would not load up. The cd drive works, I tested it out on a connection I built some time ago to test out the laptop, but it wont load up either the os loader to load up nt or 95, or the cd. Does anyone know what the problem might be nd how to fix it? Or does anyone have a way for me to boot it up into dos and fix my problems from there? Thanks.

Oh, and if its a problem with some part of the laptop, does anyone know anywhere other than ebay that I might find the part I am looking for? Thanks.

PS, as of this writing, my laptop give no more error, it just doesn't load past the startup screen.

Nope, no additionall hardware. Not even a printer or anything. The only additional hardware was the ethernet card. It was a dual card for connecting to both a network and internet but since then I have lost the connection to plug it into the internet. It also had a PnP cd drive, but that was it. It was, however, also configured to hold a floppy drive but I never had one for it.

Back
Top Bottom