Problems I've been having

Kage

Golden Master
Hi,

You know all this problems Ive been having recently, with power supplies and hard drives going? Well yesterday I got the first proper sign that something wasn't right.

Usually when you turn on the pc, it has a system health test at the top and it usually says 'System Health Test: Okay!'. Yesterday,this changed to 'System Health Test: !' showing something was wrong. This would tell me the motherboard is going, and not the power supply after all? is this right?...or both..

Plus everytime windows boots, and you change system settings, like themes, taskbar settings, internet settings. Its like the system resets it all everytime, so everything dissapears... plus the registry seems to be failing, as programs once installed, are saying they are not installed because of keys and System Dll's being missing... all not good signs.... so protection programs aren't booting, and sounds going funny too...
oh and the system decides to hang, and mouse freezes when the computer does something. e.g running a program or installation file... but then it comes back after a few seconds...

Its all dying... but at least a new ones coming, just on time really. The computer just doesn't like me... :(

I just hope its not frying the graphics card, sound card which will be needed in the next system...

*KaGe*

Just tried to install Nero again to copy a disc to back something up, after it failed to run because of a registry prob...
it won't even install because it can't write to the registry, so same thing happens...

The guy with bad luck with computers,
*KaGe*

Wow that does sound bad, back up as much data as u can just by copying files onto a cd in windows explorer and then re-install windows!! get all ur hardware checked if u can ensure it is seated correctly!

hehe... thats why i was trying to run Nero... the one that comes in Windows Explorer was saying the drive doesn't exist to copy too... something about it not initalising...

I managed to back up data though using an external USB drive, so at least things are backed... plus since the last hard drive had gone, i tried to use the USB drive as much as possible, so no important files are on it really...

Yeah it doesn't seem good at all. Getting the new parts tomorrow though, plus getting a new hard drive with the guarantee we have for this, and already have a case full of fans and a 500 watt psu, so hopefully everything will be new and stable in the next few days... hopefully :(

Wish me luck!
*KaGe*

IS ur new system gettin ur 9800 pro or are u gettin a new video card!! Nice system ur gettin btw!

Yea the new systems getting the 9800 PRO. Should be fine though, because even though I like to shove the quality up, i tend to keep the resoloution between 640x480 and 1024x768.

I might upgrade the video card in about a year after prices of the high ones now have dropped. It should still keep me rather on top :D

*KaGe*

Back
Top Bottom