Re: Problems installing windows live...
ok, clearing the registry got it installed however it wont connect now, i went the troubleshooting page and followed both of these instructions:
Error 80040111 or 80040154: You can't sign in to Windows Live Messenger
You may not be able to sign in to Windows Live Messenger because of a problem with your DLL file or the XML parser.
To resolve this issue, try the following:
Reregister the Msxml3.dll file, wait a few minutes, and then try to sign in to Messenger again.
Show me how
In Windows XP, click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
— or —
In Windows Vista, click Start, click in the Start Search box, and then type command prompt. Under Programs, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
2. Type %windir%\system32\regsvr32 %windir%\system32\msxml3.dll, and then press ENTER.
3. Type exit, and then press ENTER.
If you still can't sign in to Messenger, reinstall the XML Parser, wait a few minutes, and then try to sign in to Messenger again.
Show me how
1. Visit the Microsoft download website for XML Parser.
2. In the section for msxml3.msi, click Download, and then choose to save the file to your computer.
3. Locate the Msxml3.msi file on your computer, and then double-click it.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions.
3. If you still can't sign in to Messenger, restart Messenger, and then try to sign in again.
after i did this the same problem still persists.
Thanks for all your help guys,