Problems with installing cinelerra

N4t1v_U5er

Beta member
I've tried installing the program cinelerra for this past week and I've hit an end. I'm running Fedora Core 5, and have tried with Yum, yet it has said it could not resolve the dependencies for Cinelerra.

I'm getting started with video editing, and have done it frequently on a windows platform. (Mostly with premiere, but that's a different story.) However now that I've got linux, I want to get it another shot with another way. It seems that this program has came recommended from a few of my peers and I would like to get this resolved and get to making my videos.

Having linux for a few weeks, I'm afraid I only know the basics. I have the rpm file, and also a link to the source code. But I believe compiling it is beyond my skill at this point. I'm not sure hardware would have any baring on this, but if it does I'll find out for everyone.

I've also seen a page with someone having a similar problem. It said something about force installing the rpm by turning dependencies off. If that is a way it will work, I will follow it. However, I'm not sure how to turn the dependencies off.

Sorry to bother you all, but this is really the only problem I'm having right now.

Back
Top Bottom