problems with half life 2

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
I know this would be better placed on hl2 forums, but i want input from knowlegable computer peoples like the people on these forums.

When i start the game i get to the loading screen, then i get two error messages that popup and say a whole bunch of random numbers, then Memory Could Not be read on the same popup. I get two identical ones.

I ran memtest for 8 hours, no bad ram, theirs a crap graphics card in this computer, very low end and the graphics card was prob originalyl manufactured 4-7 years ago, should me putting my ned radeon 9800 pro xt fix the problem?

i did those guys are morons. my old graphics card is a Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller. new one im getting put in soon, radeon 9800 pro xt.

I think it's refering to the RAM on the video card. because it's so old, it's probably 16 or 32 mb ram, which is not enough to play HL2.

Yeah im agreeing with Rakedog but i also think its also the graphics card i mean H-L2 is a beastly game u need a good card
and how do u make custom avatars

wow you guys are so much more knowlegable then the tarts on the steam forums. i posted the same exact question with my graphics card, and they said it was becuase i didnt have enough harddrive memory......

makes me laugh everytiem. (also because i have 300 gb of hard drive memory including my external harddrive)

You need at least 1gb of ram, and a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro or nVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 to play Half-Life 2 on medium settings (maybe even low settings).

SH!T i was gonna get it but im only running a 5200 geforce fx le and 512ram but im getting it upgraded wat would be a reasonable price to pay for another 512 ram or another gig

Back
Top Bottom