Problems with Custom Built Computer

deuscypher

Beta member
Hello all,

So, I am done building my computer and i have some issues with it. It runs , however when I plug in my dvi-to-vga to graphic card I have no picture on my monitor. If i plug my vga cable monitor to motherboard, it works.

Also, when using my dvd-burner, it doesn't work properly. For example, when i tried to install Battlefield BC2, instead of giving me a installation screen it says it is not a valid win32 application. And I know that the cd is working because i tried it on another computer. When I go into "My computer", it shows that my dvd-rom is dvd-ram which i find kinda weird.

Also, it seems that I am missing my secondary hard drive on "my computer". In device manager it says it is there but it isn't in "my computer".

I don't know what is going wrong, the graphic card is running fine, because I see the fan spinning. I tried downloading all the drivers, etc.... for mobo and graphic card.

Here are the links to the computer components that I bought.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Pro...6814161338

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Pro...6827151175

The links don't work.

Your graphics card might be DOA, I would return it and get a replacement. Just because the fan spins doesn't mean it's working fine. Also, if it has one, did you plug the 4 pin molex power connector into the graphics card?

The problem with the win32 application error sounds like a windows error to me.

Is your secondary hard drive formatted? Did you just buy the drive? It will detect it but it won't show up in my computer until it's formatted.

Here are my computer parts:

BIOSTAR TA785G3HD AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ADX640WFGMBOX

HIS H577FK1GD Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity

Antec Nine Hundred + EA650 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 650W Power Supply

AVEXIR AVD3U13330902G-2S Standard 4GB kit (RAM)

SAMSUNG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black EIDE/ATAPI Model SH-S222A - OEM

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

That is the graphic card I have. I installed the drivers on my motherboard, one of those drivers include a on chipset ATI radeon 4200. Could it be that the radeon 4200 be blocking the existence of the hd 5770? It comes with this "Power Cable 2x 4pin in, 6 pin out", I did not plug that cable in the computer since I thought putting the card mobo would work.

As for the dvd-rom issue, I have tried to put in the driver cd for the mother board and the HIS graphic card. And it would not run the exe for some reason. However, if i put a music cd, it would work.

I just bought a 500 gb drive. It is brand new, so I guess i have to format it.

If i am understanding your post correctly you did not plug in the power cords to the graphics card at all? If not that is definitely the problem, your motherboard does not power the graphics card.

The GPU works fine.

The only problems left is not seeing my secondary hard drive at all. The device manager recognizes it, but it is not in "My Computer". How do I format the secondary drive if it is not showing up in "my computer".

Also, my dvd-rom/burner is not responding correctly. I have installed windows xp with that DVD drive and it was no problem, but when I put a driver disk in there, it acts weird and gives me errors like "not a valid win 32 application" or "D:\ only part of a readprocessmemory or writeprocessmemory request was completed".

Go to display properties, click setting. There should be two options. 1. will be plug and play and 2. should list "digital" within the sentence, ex. "syncmaster XXXX (digital)" select that one and then let your monitor auto find it or you can manually select digital yourself.

Back
Top Bottom