problems after new Ram

free_rider20

Solid State Member
I recently purchased a new 512 MB stick of ram. The computer ran fine for a little while then the next time I turned it on it has no video output. It sounds like everything is booting fine. I have a AMD athlon XP 2500+ that is overclocked slightly and a Shuttle AN35N ultra with the nForce 2 ultra 400 chipset. It had 512 ram before the upgrade. The computer ran fine overclocked with the one stick of ram. Does anyone have any idea about what the problem might be?

Hmm...i think I might have a clue.

Because your processor was overclocked before you added an extra 512mb to make 1gb and it was stable, does not mean you can insert another 512mb stick (still overclocked) and expect it to work, since the RAM will be talking to the CPU differently now because theres more of it, and the timings might even be different.

So you'll have to unclock the CPU with 1 stick in, and then start the overclocking process again to get it stable with 2 sticks in.

Might be the same thing with you ExGamer :p

I hope this helps :)

Ive tried every combination of using 2 512 sticks and a 256 sticks and clearing the CMOS and nothing has worked yet.

oh and btw i fixed the problem with my ram.... under stuff in bios it was running the ram under auto wich pick dual channel or single it was runnign half the ram on dual and sum on single i picked one of them and it works perfect....

exgamer...You need to stop with the stealing of others posts...If you got an issue make your own post...

It maybe the ram, but I think that you have a failed video card...or you knocked it loose when you added the ram..
Remove the video card and then replace it and make sure it is seated and locked down firmly..while shuttles are great boards they do have an issue about the agp socket not seating a card properly.

Let me know if this helped..

hehe...though it might still be something to do with the overclock... have you tried unclocking the system back to normal and then putting the RAM in and then re-over-clocking it?

Back
Top Bottom