Problems

Jaymo

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have an acer aspire 3660 with a few minor (but major to me) problems. Right, when i go to login or play music it struggles to play a song any type of sound. It tends to play them but incredibly reduce the speed of the song so it slows down to a very anoying pace. Anyone know how i would fix this?

I have been to the acer website and re-installed the audio drivers and this done nothing. I have also checked the device manager for any conflicts and all my audio drivers are working properly.

How much crap do you have running in the background? Check your processes, defrag, disk cleanup, and also check antivirus and antispyware scans for good faith.

Hardly any processes are running in the background.

already scanned for viruses, spyware, malware, adware etc come up clean. I've also done a system restore to near enough beginning of laptops life. I have also run disk cleanup and defragged the hdd.

I'm seriously starting to run out of ideas.

only sometimes, for example: once the computer has just started up everything seems to open very slowly.

I opened up the bottom and removed the ram and then placed it back it (fearing it could have become loose) and everything seems to be running a little quicker.

But the sound still screws up if im playing a song and i then open IE or something it will cause it to go slow. Even running a video on youtube the sound with seem to stutter for a short while before sorting itself out.

Could it be down to a possible memory leak or something?

512mb ram
Intel Celeron M 420 @ 1.60Ghz
64mb ati radeon gfx (integrated)
xp media edition 2005
80gb hdd

Hmm. . .
That's looks OK. What player are you using to play your songs with? Do you have anything like Rhapsody or iTunes installed?

Try using more than one music program and see if anything different happens.

Back
Top Bottom