Problem with windows media player

steve16

Solid State Member
Hi all
My windows media player has a wierd problem. When I play an mpeg movie, the screen goes black and I can't see the actual movie. It's strange because I can hear everything but I cant see anything.

I was worried so I re-installed windows and I couldn't believe it, I still had the same problem. Maybe its a computer problem, I dont know. Please if anyone knows what's wrong, please help me.

Thanks

It should be the actual mpeg. But its to do with codex. Try downloading divx player.

This problem happens with all mpeg movies. I dont really want to download any other players, I'd like to use windows media player if i can.

My movies were working good until a few days ago. Then a a few stuffed up and now all of them are stuffed. Re-installing windows xp has not helped.

Its a codex issue i am sure. I think you migth be actualy able to download divx codex as a pack and not the player, so it can be used to windows.

camers said:
Its a codex issue i am sure. I think you migth be actualy able to download divx codex as a pack and not the player, so it can be used to windows.

Do you know where I can get this divx codex from?

Normaly with me if this happens its codec. Its realy the only thing that causes incompatabilty

Back
Top Bottom