Problem with Vista at login

cwharms

In Runtime
Ok, when I installed vista, I only made 1 account(Chris). On reboot it would take me straight to the password, I enter it and am logged in..... that was for the last 2 weeks.

Now, starting yesterday, when I reboot, I get error "this account has been disabled, please see the system administrator." I close this window out and it takes me to the login page that shows "Administrator" and "Chris". My password doesn't work on the Admin account. I log in under "Chris" and everything is normal.

Only "Chris" shows in my user accounts and it does this everytime I reboot.:mad:

PS - No viruses or spyware found.

It's legit.... Everything works perfectly except that annoying error on start-up.

I'm not going to re-install unless it is unavoidable.

see whats in the event log in the control panel. Do you know how to get there???

That Admin account shouldn't be there. Unlike XP, Vista does not have an admin account. If possible, delete that account in control pannel.

Also, what did you use to scan for viruses? If you didn't create that account, then i'm willing to be something (or someone) got on your system. It'd be best if you changed your password for the time-being as well.

try reinstaling vista again

Why not just say "Get a new computer" everyone can reinstall, but they wouldn't be here if they wanted to do that now would they? It really pisses me off when people post stupid comments like this without giving advice on how to trouble shoot it first.

Ok, when I installed vista, I only made 1 account(Chris). On reboot it would take me straight to the password, I enter it and am logged in..... that was for the last 2 weeks.

Now, starting yesterday, when I reboot, I get error "this account has been disabled, please see the system administrator." I close this window out and it takes me to the login page that shows "Administrator" and "Chris". My password doesn't work on the Admin account. I log in under "Chris" and everything is normal.

Only "Chris" shows in my user accounts and it does this everytime I reboot.:mad:

PS - No viruses or spyware found.

I don't have Vista, but try going to Control Panel-Usser Accounts and see if ur account is set to administrator. If something try creating a new account, restart, log in to new account, and see if the problem is still there. If it works u saved time reinstalling windows, but u might need to install some programs/games back

I don't have Vista, but try going to Control Panel-Usser Accounts and see if ur account is set to administrator. If something try creating a new account, restart, log in to new account, and see if the problem is still there. If it works u saved time reinstalling windows, but u might need to install some programs/games back

If I'm reading it right, it's not his account being disabled that's the problem, it's him getting that message and the un-accountable admin account that is the issue. He said once he's logged on it's ok, which makes me doubt that making a new account would work. But I guess it would be worth a shot.

If I'm reading it right, it's not his account being disabled that's the problem, it's him getting that message and the un-accountable admin account that is the issue. He said once he's logged on it's ok, which makes me doubt that making a new account would work. But I guess it would be worth a shot.

Ya u might be right. I read his msg 2 quick. Well I'm out of ideas then :) I hope u fix it.

Looks like it's a home security/video monitoring software I installed. It uses a server base and can be accessed through a remote client if I choose. It seems it made an Admin account, but I disabled it in the program.... its confusing Vista.

Back
Top Bottom