problem with video

mammikoura

Golden Master
I have quite a big problem with video, can't really watch a movie or anything like that. The problem is that the picture has too much light in it. This happened after I made some changes to my desktop with styleXP. It's not codecs, I have the same ones that I had before, it's not the screen brightness or contrast, changing them doesn't do the trick. Or could it be that all of my movies and tv episodes etc. on my computer got ruined when I reinstalled windows. The movies etc were on a different partition and on a different hdd than the windows.

Haven't tasted this with games but I fear that the image could have too much light on games too. And that would be so horrible. :(

Any ideas I really need to get this working ASAP.

I doubt your video files are messed up. Check the settings in the video player itself. One of the brightness or gamma settings might have been changed. Also check your display settings through Windows. Also try uninstalling and reinstalling your video card drivers.

Okay now I figured out the problem. As spank_fusion suggested it's to do with gamma. But how can I change the gamma? My vid card has some options but it only allowes gamma values of 0.50 (way too dark), 3,61 (quite good, but a little too much light) and 6.00 (way too much light) So I'd need the gamma to be something like 3.00 or so. I have tried a program called quickgamma but it didn't do any good.

Got it working now. I just changed the gamma to 0.50 and brightness to 160% and lowered the contrast to 56%.

Back
Top Bottom