Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-20-2006, 05:42 AM   #11
Golden Master
 
Raffaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,798
Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: Problem switching on

If ya have lots of USB things connected then try removing them, and see if that sorts it out. If it does then ya know its a PSU problem,if not then something else
__________________

Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:52 AM   #12
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 225
Default Re: Problem switching on

Brook, if you can wait 2 or 3 weeks, i'll be back on the island and could spin past if you like. i usually have a few psu's going spare.

callout charge is a cup of tea, if it needs replaced.
__________________

parismouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:56 AM   #13
Golden Master
 
Raffaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,798
Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: Problem switching on

Quote:
Originally Posted by parismouton
Brook, if you can wait 2 or 3 weeks, i'll be back on the island and could spin past if you like. i usually have a few psu's going spare.

callout charge is a cup of tea, if it needs replaced.
Now theres an offer he cant refuse lol
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:41 AM   #14
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Problem switching on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffaz
If ya have lots of USB things connected then try removing them, and see if that sorts it out. If it does then ya know its a PSU problem,if not then something else
No, only two.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:47 AM   #15
Golden Master
 
Raffaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,798
Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: Problem switching on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
No, only two.
That could still possibly help, if ya PSU is borderline working/not working, then removing the 2 devices might swing it round, that is providing the USB devices havent got their own power sources. Cant hurt to give it a try
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:54 AM   #16
Golden Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,091
Default Re: Problem switching on

I'm suspecting the Power suply or a high load of dust or something. I can't really go see as I'd have to ride the bike underwater and all...and my skin is highly negativly responding to Aqua stuff.
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:54 AM   #17
Golden Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,091
Default Re: Problem switching on

Quote:
Originally Posted by parismouton
Brook, if you can wait 2 or 3 weeks, i'll be back on the island and could spin past if you like. i usually have a few psu's going spare.

callout charge is a cup of tea, if it needs replaced.
Well, that's nice to offer

+rep
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:22 AM   #18
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: Problem switching on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
Can you help please, for the last three mornings I've pushed the button on the case, as Ialways do, & it dies, it's done this in the past occasionly, then, I would press it again straight away, & it was OK, now, I have to go away for ten minutes, brush my teeth etc, try again & it works. the room is at a constant even temperature, not too hot/cold, no dampness, & my desktop is in the same place as it's always been.
Usually this is the power supply failing to provide the Power Good signal to the motherboard.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:28 PM   #19
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: Problem switching on

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhuser
I'm suspecting the Power suply or a high load of dust or something. I can't really go see as I'd have to ride the bike underwater and all...and my skin is highly negativly responding to Aqua stuff.
Lovin' the humour!!, I can't see as how it's dust, it's an AMD case, streamlined, close fitting angled oval power button, not a rocker switch, no crevices for dust to collect in, could the dust have accumulated inside the case in 18 months, I had a glimpse inside while it was being built, theres a lot of space in there, my home is double-glazed, & I'm on a road with little traffic, it's a simple layout, the barest essentiials needed to surf & email, which is what I specified, as I didn't want to d/load music or play games, I've got my console for that.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:54 PM   #20
Golden Master
 
Raffaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,798
Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz
Default Re: Problem switching on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield
Lovin' the humour!!, I can't see as how it's dust, it's an AMD case, streamlined, close fitting angled oval power button, not a rocker switch, no crevices for dust to collect in, could the dust have accumulated inside the case in 18 months, I had a glimpse inside while it was being built, theres a lot of space in there, my home is double-glazed, & I'm on a road with little traffic, it's a simple layout, the barest essentiials needed to surf & email, which is what I specified, as I didn't want to d/load music or play games, I've got my console for that.
You would be surprised how much dust will get pulled in by ya fans in 18mnths
__________________

Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0