Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-29-2005, 09:35 PM   #1
Fully Optimized
Send a message via ICQ to ^Mike^ Send a message via AIM to ^Mike^ Send a message via MSN to ^Mike^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^Mike^
Default Problem Streaming Video

I am trying to stream video from music.yahoo.com and other sites with embedded video. Media Player just locks up or says "Buffering" or "Connecting" forever. It works fine on any other computer in my house just not mine. I am using media player 10, I also tried installing 9 and had the exact same problem. I don't know if it is a Codec problem or what. I can't figure it out. It has nothing to do with my firewall since the other computers that work fine are on the same firewall. Even reformatting does nothing! Is there a substitute for Media Player that I can use? If I download the file first then play it, then it works fine, I just can't stream direct.

^Mike^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:22 PM   #2
Solid State Member
Default Re: Problem Streaming Video

Im having the same exact problem im starting to think that its a url problem or sumthing with internet explorer

bmxjustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:23 AM   #3
Baseband Member
Default Re: Problem Streaming Video

Been there done that

I solved it by uninstalling windows media player and then reinstalling. HOWEVER, pay close attention to the options during the install as there's a box about allowing online content to play in IE or something along those lines - > make sure you select that one !!!

I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to change that setting without reinstalling, it's definitely a common problem with media player and IE.

If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice isn't worth noticing.
mech is offline   Reply With Quote