Problem with sound.

Undermine

Beta member
So recently my computer's sound stopped working. Under device manager in the, "Sound/video and game controllers tab everything seems to be working properly. I have formatted my computer, so I have no spyware/viruses. I installed the drivers that came with my motherboard, my speakers work. Everything seems to be in order but no sound is coming out when I play music or test the speakers. I know the Speakers work because i've tested them out on another computer, so it must be a configuration problem, any ideas?

Undermine said:
So recently my computer's sound stopped working. Under device manager in the, "Sound/video and game controllers tab everything seems to be working properly. I have formatted my computer, so I have no spyware/viruses. I installed the drivers that came with my motherboard, my speakers work. Everything seems to be in order but no sound is coming out when I play music or test the speakers. I know the Speakers work because i've tested them out on another computer, so it must be a configuration problem, any ideas?

Have you checked all points to be turned on in Control panel - Sound and Audio Devices?
Don't forget also: Volume tab (of Sound and Audio Devices) - Speaker settings - Advanced - performance tab - hardware acceleration - has to be turned on

chek the mother board config to see if you set the audio jumper to the front panel corectly. i ran into this same problem, figured out my audio jumper was set up for a diferent frontal conection. ;)

Back
Top Bottom